This seriously is the best mash I’ve ever made. If you are a lover of cauliflower or even if you are not this mash is so darn delicious. Silky smooth and creamy you wouldn’t even know it consists mainly of cauliflower.Continue reading “Best Ever Creamy Cauliflower Mash”
What’s more Aussie than having friends or family over, kids swimming, drinks flowing and having a backyard Barbie. Here is a simple side to accompany an Aussie BBQ that’t always a crowd pleaser and isn’t drowned in mayonaise!
Smashed Potatoes with Lemon, Rosemary & Thyme with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
A perfect side to accompany a backyard BBQ
1 kg baby red potatoes skin left on
zest of 1 lemon
fresh rosemary and thyme
Salt and pepper
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
1 tb Dijon mustard
1 tb honey
1 garlic crushed
- Place potatoes whole in a large pot fill with water till covers the potatoes add a heaped tsp salt, bring to the boil with lid on
- Once boiling remove lid and let it boil for 10-15mins
- Prick Potatoes with a fork to check if they are cooked they should be firm but tender inside
- Drain and let it cool
- Meanwhile make the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake to combine, set aside.
- With a potato masher gently take each potato and press down just enough to break each potato place in a serving bowl
- Sprinkle the lemon zest, fresh rosemary sprigs and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the potatoes and gently mix till all the potatoes are covered in the dressing.
- Can serve this still warm or cold.