Kale is definitely one of the healthiest and most nutritious plant foods in existence. Kale well earns its superfood badge, here are 10 reasons why..
- Powerful detox and aids in weight loss
- It is an anti-inflammatory relieving stiff joints and arthritis
- Supports and strengthens your immune system which stops you from getting sick
- High in vitamin A, which keeps your eye sight strong minimising degeneration which comes with age.
- Contains very high levels of Vitamin K and calcium for strong healthy bones and heart health
- Boosts your skin, hair and nail growth and leaves you a glowing appearance
- Helps in prevention of various cancers
- Low in calories, high in fibre and zero fat
- High in Iron excellent substitute for vegetarians
- Believed to treat depression and mood disorders
Kale is also very versatile and can be cooked in soups, stews, stir fries, pasta, risotto, eggs, curries, smoothies, juices and plenty more. Making kale chips is super easy way of using up leftover Kale with just three ingredients and 15mins spare, you have a healthy superfood snack on hand.
Bunch of curly kale, washed
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt
Chilli Flakes optional
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180’C
- Remove stalks from kale leaves and break into small 5 cm pieces
- Massage the olive oil through the kale leaves making sure to evenly coat. Season with salt and chilli flakes
- Lay evenly on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15mins. Remove any crispy leaves, some may need extra time.
- Cool and store in an airtight container