I had this beautiful whole cauliflower staring at me for a good 10mins hmm what to make with you?? I only had a short time to prepare something before I did the school run so I had to think fast. I had some ideas come to mind vegetable curry, cauliflower rice, even what’s been trending at the moment baked whole cauliflower.
With only minutes to decide I went for a quick cauli crust pizza base. As it was something I could quickly whip up prepare veggies and bake when I got home from the afternoon rush.
It is super fast only takes 15 mins in the oven once topped so perfect for those days when time gets the better of you. My kids turn their nose up at cauliflower so this was an adults meal for us instead I had some bakery prepared pizza bases from our local bakery and they enjoyed topping theirs for themselves.
So pizza night was still enjoyed by all!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Colourful Veggies
1 large whole cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp basil pesto
1 purple onion, cut into wedges
1/2 yellow capsicum, cut in chunky strips
1/2 zucchini thinly sliced
6 brussel sprouts, leaves separated
1/2 red chilli, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
50g fetta cheese, crumbled
Fresh basil leaves to top
- Preheat oven to 220’C
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and blitz until resembles fine crumbs
- Place cauliflower crumb in a microwave safe bowl, cover with cling wrap and cook on high for 8 mins
- Strain in a colander pressing down removing any excess liquid
- Place in a bowl with eggs, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine
- Spread the cauliflower mixture onto a lined baking tray in the shape of oval or you can use a round pizza tray. Cook in oven for 20mins or until crisp and golden
- Meanwhile place onion, capsicum, zucchini, brussel sprouts, chilli and oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat veggies
- Once crust is ready spread tomato paste and dollops of pesto. Arrange veggies and top with fetta cheese
- Bake in the oven for 10-15mins or until veggies are just cooked
- Top with some fresh basil leaves
Note: Best eaten straight away