Such a quick and easy family favourite that satisfies every member of the family and still with some added veggie goodness.
I have used orecchiette pasta shells but you can use any type of pasta with this. For vegetarian version leave out the pork.
Orecchiette with Pork, Broccoli, Mushrooms & Roasted Tomatoes
2 tbs olive oil
500g pork mince
1 small onion diced
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
6-8 cherry tomatoes
1 head broccoli cut into florets
1/2 lemon rind finely grated
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
- Place a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil. Add Pasta and cook per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, In a large frypan on high heat add olive oil , garlic and onion and saute for 3mins until onion has softened.
- Add pork mince cook for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place tomatoes and roast in a 180’c oven for around 5 mins until blistered and partly soft. Remove and set aside
- In the last 2 minutes of pasta cooking time add the broccoli florets into the pot of boiling pasta let it cook then drain along with the pasta. Reserving 1/2 cup of water from the pot.
- Add the pasta and broccoli with the reserved water to the pork mixture in the pan and toss to combine.
- Add lemon rind and grated parmesan, roasted tomatoes and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. you can also use chilli salt for extra heat.