Rhubarb is in season right now and is amazing in winter baking and desserts. Here I’ve shared an easy loaf recipe that reminds us how much we love rhubarb!
Pop the kettle on and enjoy a piece as you truly deserve. Oh and don’t feel guilty about it either as its refined sugar free!
Have a great week!
Rhubarb & Almond Loaf
Recipe adapted from Delicious Mag May 2017 issue
1/2 cup rice malt syrup or honey
150g unsalted butter
1tsp vanilla bean paste
3 sticks rhubarb, chopped
1 cup spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond meal
- Preheat oven 180’c
- Beat rice malt syrup, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined
- Mix through flour, almond meal and baking powder
- Roughly chop 2 sticks of rhubarb and mix through the mixture
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour mixture in
- Slice the remaining rhubarb in half the in thin slice lengthways
- Arrange laying on the top of the mixture
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until when a skewer comes out clean when tested