“Golden Milk” is trending and for good reason..
I’m sure you have seen these around for a little while now, becoming on trend the last year or so. They are popping up on many trendy cafe menus as the healthy drink of choice and here’s why..
- It’s an amazing anti inflammatory so great cure for aching bones, muscles, organ disorders
- Helps build and support a healthy immune system perfect for fighting the winter colds
- Full of antioxidants for healthy skin
- Improves memory and brain functions for healthy minds
Try this little cup of sunshine instead of your usual cuppa on a cold Winters day and reap the many healthy benefits not just for the trend setters.
I have shared a make your own recipe but there is some blends from health food store that you just add milk too which is also a convenient option.
Golden Turmeric latte
a warm golden milk drink boasting anti-inflammatory benefits
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon or 1 stick
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp honey
2 cups almond or coconut milk or milk of choice
- Combine turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and honey in a pot on the stove add about 2 tablespoon of boiling water to make a paste.
- Add milk and heat on low till just warm.
- Set aside for 5 mins and discard cinnamon stick if using
- Pour milk into mugs and serve immediately
Note: If you have a milk frothier on a coffee machine you can use this to heat milk with a little froth, half the quantities and place into a mug prior to adding milk.