Continuing my love of Turmeric with this healthy vegan one pan vegetable curry. I am always attracted to one pan dinners, when our weekdays are busy enough it makes meal time that much easier to know you can throw a few quality ingredients in a pan and let it cook away for half an hour giving us some free time to do other things. With three children all wanting my attention this is very handy let me tell you. Seems to be always when I am cooking dinner when they all want my undivided attention for one thing or another.
My husband isn’t a big fan of curries so I don’t get to make them as much as I’d like to but today I had a craving for it so I made it for myself and the rest will go in the freezer for when I have another curry craving moment. Leftovers are good for work lunches too as this keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days and the freezer 3-4 months.
Super healthy with added quinoa so no need for heavy rice. I do like something to soak up all the sauce though, I had some of my Homemade Naan Bread in the freezer. Quick heat up and it’s good to go!
Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Quinoa Turmeric Curry
250g sweet potato peeled and cubed (around one small)
250g cauliflower florets (about half a small cauliflower)
2 cloves garlic crushed
3 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chilli powder (for a mild curry leave this out)
1 tsp ground ginger
400g can coconut milk
1 tbsp tomato paste
salt and pepper
1 cup white uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
400g can chickpeas
1-2 cups baby spinach
- In a large pan add garlic, turmeric, coriander, chilli, ginger, coconut milk and tomato paste stir all till well combined.
- Bring to the boil then add sweet potato, cauliflower, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa and water to the pan and mix well. Reduce heat to a simmer and place the lid on.
- Cook for 25mins stirring occasionally making sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5-10 mins. It is ready once the quinoa has absorbed most of the liquid and quinoa is tender.
- Stir through baby spinach. Serve with Homemade Naan Bread