Not quite your average taco night and totally different flavour combinations but hey we can all change things up a little why not Asian inspired. By swapping a flour tortilla or corn taco to a lettuce cup you have an more nutritious meal. My kids loved this and the bubs had the chicken filling and noodles in a bowl so it was easier for him to eat.
Alright so its not tacos but still tastes amazing!
Chicken and Vermicelli Lettuce Cups
Asian Inspired Healthy Lettuce Taco Feast
500g chicken mince
100g vermicelli noodles
1 tb olive oil
3 garlic cloves crushed
1-2 tbs grated ginger
1 tbs chilli jam or chilli paste heat to your liking
1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
6-8 baby coz lettuce leaves
3 eggs whisked
To top; fresh coriander leaves, chopped toasted peanuts, bean sprouts and red chilli sliced
- Place noodles in a heat proof bowl and add boiling water. Let them sit for 10mins then drain and set aside
- Place oil, garlic, chicken in a fry pan on med-high heat and cook for 2-3mins
- Add ginger, chilli jam/paste, soy and stirring to combine for 5-6mins or until chicken is cooked through
- Make omelette, In a small pan heat a little oil and add the whisked eggs. Cook for 2-3 mins without stirring, then gently flip over and cook for further 1-2 mins or until cooked. Turn onto a chopping board and slice into small pieces.
- Divide the noodles between the lettuce, add the chicken, then top with coriander, beansprouts, sliced chilli, peanuts and sliced omelette.