‘Technically not a burger’ my eldest son exclaims. Of course it’s a little different from having in a burger in a bun but this lighter version certainly is enjoyable with less of a carb overload.
The turkey mince was a yummy change from the usual, so juicy and tender and what was brilliant about it is I put some hidden zucchini in them the kids didn’t even notice. They weren’t buying the lettuce buns though and stuck it in-between two pieces of bread but hey I’m glad they ate them and the hidden veggies too hehe.Win Win for all!
Bunless Turkey Burgers
500g lean free range turkey mince (organic if possible)
1 grated zucchini
1/2 small brown onion grated
2 cloves crushed garlic
Handful of parsley finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
Iceberg lettuce leaves
1 tomato sliced
1/2 spanish onion sliced
1/2 small sweet potato sliced
- In a large bowl add mince, zucchini, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and mix with your hands will all combined
- Roll handful of mixture into round balls should make 6 burger patties, set aside
- Prepare lettuce, tomato, onion, and sweet potato
- Heat a grill or bbq with a little oil, I like to use rice bran oil for frying and cook sweet potato slices around 4 minutes on each side set aside
- Cook patties for 4-5 mins pressing softly down on each patty then flip and cook for further 4-5 minutes
- Place patty on top of lettuce leaf, add tomato, onion, sweet potato, I like to add the lime and coriander mayo from my Fish Tacos recipe.